Twenty five years ago today, my world became a better place. At 7:27pm in Pasco, Washington at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, my baby sister Ashlee Varonika Harris was born. Since that glorious day, she's not only turned into one of the most beautiful people (inside and out) that I know...she's also become my very best friend in the world.
When we were young, I teased her mercilessly. Sometimes it's a wonder to me that she even still wants to be my friend. I've seriously struggled with some honest-to-goodness guilt about mean things I used to do to my baby sis. (i.e. telling her that all of my Halloween candy was gone, when it was really hidden, so she'd share hers with me is one that has eaten at me for years) But I have some of the best memories with her as well. Times when we were FORCED (against our will...child abuse really) to pick weeds on Saturday mornings while our dad was doing yard work and we'd mess around until we were threatened within an inch of our lives. Or times we'd drive to our dad's house in Seattle while we were in high school...making the most of the weekly trip we'd have to make. We were together, and that's all we needed to enjoy ourselves.
She's a total knock out, she's got the softest heart of anyone I know (hello...halloween candy) she's hilarious, and she is the only person on this earth that has been down the same road that I've traveled. Her and I together. Through the good times, and the bad times, have always had each other. I honestly can not imagine my world without her. I'd lie, I'd cheat, I'd steal, and I'd die....all for this girl. She's my heart and soul, and I thank my lucky stars every day that's she's a part of my life.


No comments:
Post a Comment