Monday, September 28, 2009

Halloween Wreath Making

I found a really cute wreath in a magazine the other day and decided that I could make one for our front door. I already had the grape-vine wreaths (which were hanging in our dining room and Brian never liked, so this made him very happy!) and all I had to buy was some black spray paint (less than $2), some orange ribbon ($1.99) and some fake spider webs ($2). It was very easy, and I think it turned out really cute! In fact, I've decided to make one for my mom, and one for my sister! Great decoration for our house, and a great surprise for my mom and Ashlee!

This is what I started with. I thought they looked cute hung on our wall, but now, they'll be decorations for Halloween!



Next I carefully spray painted the wreath in the garage, with a little help from Brian.

And this is a finished wreath. I'm going to see if I can find some little spiders or something to put into the web. But for now, I think it turned out pretty nice!

3 comments:

Amy and Nathan said...

that is super cute! In fact I think I am going to make one for my front door!

Brian and Arika said...

It was so easy! And you'll be so excited every time you come home and see it!!

Kelly said...

GOOD work lady!! I knew you could do it - and I like the ribbon touch! ;)