Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

This year, we went to the Uptown shopping center with some friends and family to trick-or-treat. The store owners hand out candy every year, and it's nice because the kids don't have to cross any streets and they get a good amount of candy in a short amount of time. Plus, it starts at 3pm when it's still light out! Perfect! Tayler and her cousins Maddy & Addy (and no they are not twins) had a great time running from store to store, collecting treats. Tayler went as a Vampire Cheerleader, and can I just say, she looked ADORABLE! And I'm not just saying that because I made her costume and did her hair and make up! She was darling. It really turned out to be a great costume.
Carson went as a cowboy this year....although he wouldn't keep his hat on, and his boots kept coming off so he ended up wearing his Vans when we went out. He still looked SO HANDSOME!

And lastly was my sisters darling little dog, Lulubell who went as Ariel from the Little Mermaid. She was a hit with everyone. Her little mermaid tail was shaking all over the place because of all of the attention!
After the Uptown trick or treating, we came home and had a big chili feed at our house. My step-dad's parents live in Arizona during the winter, and are leaving tomorrow, so this was also a bit of a "farewell" party for them too. It was great to have so many people I love at our house, laughing and having a good time. We didn't get very many trick or treaters to the house, but Tayler, Brian and I did go out and hit the houses on our street. So, we're pretty well stocked in the candy department for the next few months!

No comments: