Thursday, December 30, 2010

Miss him

Sometimes, I miss this guy so bad, it physically hurts.


I miss him some every day. But, for some reason, there are days like today when I miss him a little more. When it feels like I need to divert my attention because thinking about him just breaks my heart, and could bring me to tears. I loved seeing my son with him. I so badly wish he could see Carson now. He would be tickled to death by the things Carson says and does. I wish Elin could have met him. He would have adored her. I wish that Tayler could hang out with him, and tell him about school. I hate that my kids don't get to have him in their lives. And that I don't get to have him in my life any longer. It just doesn't seem fair some times.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

just reading the first part of this brought tears to my eyes. audrey was sitting this morning (or maybe yesterday) and the way she held her face and her lips, she just looked exactly like papa doug. i miss him so much too. i think i miss his smiles the most. his smiles always meant "i love you". :)
p.s. now i'm bawling.