I almost can't believe it.
Our little Tater Tot is ELEVEN YEARS OLD today!
ELEVEN!
It seems like she started preschool just the other day!
Time flies. Holy cow, does it ever fly.
Tayler is such a wonderful daughter. She helps out with her siblings. She's patient with them (most of the time:)), and tries to help them when I'm occupied.
She's becoming quite the hockey player. Her dad couldn't be prouder. And as usual, she's doing awesome at soccer. Even trying out the goalie thing this year. She's doing great, just like we knew she would.
She has perfect attendance at school, and takes great pride in being there every day.
We really couldn't ask for a better oldest child.
We love you so very much, Tayler!
| Waiting for Tayler to get home from school! |
Last night was HALLOWEEN! It's the first year that Elin's really been excited about the holiday. I taught her and Carson to say "trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!" They both thought was THE FUNNIEST thing they'd ever heard and chanted it all day. And Carson would say it every time a trick or treater came to our door, even when he didn't answer it. Then he'd yell to Tayler (who was our official candy-passer-outer) "did they hear me!?!?!"
We spent the early afternoon trick or treating up the Uptown shopping center. All of the stores there hand out candy to the kids in the afternoon. It's a really nice way to get little kids involved in the holiday, without having to haul them around in the dark.
The weather was AMAZING! None of us wore coats.
It couldn't have been more perfect!
| Ready to hit the streets, err, the Uptown! |
Elin had a ball getting candy at the Uptown. Her little voice
saying "Trick or Treat!" at each business was about the cutest thing I'd ever heard. But, it must have been a lot of work. This girl was out before we even got home. Aaand, she slept through dinner and neighborhood trick or treating. But, when she woke up, she got some dinner, and some treats, and was happy as a clam!
| Not that you NEED dessert on Halloween, but witch hat cookies were a must! |
While Elin was resting, Tayler, Carson and I decided to brave the neighborhood. And, I use the term "brave" loosely. Carson was so excited to get out and get some candy, but then realized that some of these scary (decorated) houses are even scarier at night!
And when one of our neighbors' sons came out wearing a wolf costume, in a nightgown, telling Carson "Hi little boy! I'm your grandma!" Well, that was about all she wrote. He wanted nothing to do with door knocking, candy gathering after that. So, we waiting in the driveways of houses while Tayler gathered candy.
All in all, it was a fun family night. I love this time of year and am already getting excited for Elin's birthday, and Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment