Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One Down!

As the readers of our blog know, yesterday was mine and Brian's one year wedding anniversary. It turned out to be a wonderful day! First Brian's mom, Gwen came over to visit the kids and I. She came bearing gifts! Becuase she remembered that the gift for the one year anniversary is paper, she presented us with a beautiful tower of paper products. So very thoughtful and witty of her!! Gwen and my mom also gave us some money to help us celebrate! We're so lucky! For the celebration, Brian and I went to dinner and a movie. My sister came over to babysit for us, which was so very nice of her. As Brian and I were driving to the movie theatre I told Brian "Never in my life have I been so excited about seeing a movie and going to dinner!" It's just something we hadn't done, just us, in I don't know how long. Although we missed our little angels at home, it was so nice to be with the man I love, enjoying a night out. We saw the movie "Pineapple Express" which I have to say is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a LONG time. We both really enjoyed it. After the movie, Brian took me to dinner at one of my favorite resturants in town, Bonefish Grill. I couldn't have asked for a better date night with my sweetie!

When we got home, I'd hoped that we would both eat a peice of our wedding cake topper that has been in our freezer since our wedding. BUT, after my husband refused becuase he thought it would be gross to eat cake that was one year old, and I realized how tired I was....our cake is still whole. But, I will say that it was neat to see the cake and it's detail. I'd almost forgotten how gorgeous it was!
The first celebration of our marriage went wonderfully and we can't wait for many, many more!

No comments: