You may have noticed in my post from yesterday, Tayler with some foam curlers in her hair. My mom bought these for her the other day after she saw them and remembered using them on Ashlee and I when we were little. The ones my mom bought for Tayler are multi-colored, but when Ashlee and I were little, ours were all pink. Hence the name we've used for them for years, "pink rollers". So, last night we decided to give them a try. Tayler took a shower (yes, she's mostly showering these days....far too grown up for a bath!) and we let her hair air dry. Then, I got to curling. I told her that if the curlers started to bother her during the night, to come let me know. My best friend once cut a pink roller from her hair during the night when she was a child. I didn't want the same thing to happen here!
After all of the curls were in, Tayler was pretty amused with her hairdo. She said to me "Ahh! I look like Grandma Goldie!" Which, if you know who Grandma Goldie is, you'll know that #1 She was my greatgrandmother who passed away before Tayler was even born, and #2 I'm pretty sure I've never seen her with curlers in her hair. But, I guess Tayler's heard us talking about her, and must figure that a head full of curlers would be a good look for someone named Goldie. She never ceases to crack me up!
Tayler said the curlers didn't really bother her during the night...but there were one or two that were a little bit loose this morning, which had Tayler quite concerned. But, after taking them out, doing a little curl-separating, I think it turned out just adorable! Tayler likes it too.....and I'm pretty sure Carson thinks his sister is one of the prettiest girls around!
1 comment:
I LOVE Tayler's comment about her looking like oldie moldy Grandma Goldie. Totally made my day.
Post a Comment