Recently, I've started signing with him using ASL. So far, he hasn't started using any of the signs himself, but it's still really new for us. I've read that you should start with about 12 signs to begin with, but since I'm learning right along with him, we're currently at about 4. But, we're working on it. I've read a lot about how sign language with babies helps them express things better, tell you what they need more clearly and can help them start talking sooner. I thought we'd give it a shot!
Tayler finished kindergarden yesterday!!! She is very excited to be on her way to first grade, and is also excited about the summer. We have some fun things planned....and she'll be playing soccer (Brian's coaching again!) and attending swim lessons. All stuff that she really enjoys. Plus, there's already a little blow up pool in the back yard that she's been frequently enjoying.
Not much else is new with the fam. Brian is sick as can be of school, but is still working very hard and doing well. I'm so proud of him. I'm still working, working and working some more. I've been doing quite a few trades at work so that I can have some time off later this year with out having to use my vacation time, so that's had me busy. Plus, hours here and there of overtime to help us feel a little more comfortable.
We spent a little time in the pool at Aunt Ashlee's house. Carson took to the water like a pro! And of course, Tayler was a little gold fish, swimming all over! Here's a couple of shots of Ashlee and Baby C!
2 comments:
Oooh exciting!! One thing I will tell ya though, be sure you say the sign while you're signing it. Like, if you sign "more", make sure you say "more" while you're signing it. It not only helps the meaning to stick in their mind, but it ensures that they'll more likely rely less on signs alone and will use a combination of words and signs. GOOD LUCK!! Baby signing is fun!
Thanks for the tips Courtney! I'm hoping we're successful with this! Move here!
Post a Comment